Monday, January 23, 2012

Quick Recipe: Asian-inpired Roasted Potatoes

On Sunday night, I decided to make super-easy tuna burgers inspired by the recipe in Hubert Keller’s Burger cookbook.  The burgers themselves were delicious, but let’s be honest, who doesn’t love raw tuna lightly seared on both sides?  I needed to come up with a side dish, and had half a bag of baby fingerling potatoes to use up.  I knew I wanted to roast them but had to figure out how to season them so they would go with the Asian-inspired tuna burgers.  I took a gander in the pantry to see what seasonings I had and came up with a brilliant idea (if I do say so myself)!
I had a jar of rice seasoning that I bought when after Scott and I had taken a sushi making class.  It has seaweed and sesame seeds, and who knows what else in it.  I used about half a teaspoon of oil, rubbed that into 14 ounces of large-diced potatoes, then sprinkled about a tablespoon of the rice seasoning on and roasted at 400 degrees for 25 minutes.  When the potatoes were done, I squeezed half a lime one and a heaping tablespoon of finely diced cilantro and mixed.  They were some of the best roasted potatoes I have ever had, and the best part was they were only 4 Weight Watchers Points + per serving (recipe makes 2 servings). The sesame seeds got nicely toasted and the lime added a wonderful zing.
Now I am trying to think of other interesting seasonings on roasted potatoes to make as an easy side dish.  Any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment