Friday, June 1, 2012

Recipe: Crispy Honey Garlic Chicken

This past weekend, I attended one of my favorite things: a beer festival.  Me, my husband and my brother-in-law had  a great time, trying lots of good beer, eating BBQ and being responsible by not driving. As you can image, beer festivals are not exactly great for staying on point with Weight Watchers, but sometimes you have to just enjoy life and not count points, and this is definitely one of those events.  Despite all the gluttony, something I found at this particular beer festival inspired the recipe I am going to share today.

They often have vendors selling products at these types of events, and anyone who knows me knows that I could never resist a free sample (my dad likes to talk about when I at at least 10 British pounds, the currency not the weight, of cheese samples at Fortnum & Mason in London).  One of the vendors there was TorchBearer Sauces.  They had several different types of sauces to try, including BBQ sauces and hot sauces, but when I tried the Honey Garlic Wing Sauce, I knew I had to have some.  Tangy from the garlic, with a hint of sweetness from the honey, I figured there was a lot I could do with this.   The great taste combined with the lack of high fructose corn syrup seemed like a great combo, and it was made even better when I determined that it was only 1 weight watchers point per tablespoon! 

Crispy Chicken... yum!
I'm not a huge chicken fan, but when I do make it I prefer it to be crunch, but breading usually involves coating the chicken is something pointy.  What I did instead was marinate the chicken in the honey garlic wing sauce, then use the marinade to get the coating to adhere to the chicken.  It worked out great!





Recipe: Crispy Honey Garlic Chicken
Serves 2
9 weight watchers points per serving
So maybe french fries are not the healthiest side
dish.  Serve with a green vegetable!

3/4 chicken breaks, pounded so they are slightly thinner, or cut scallopine style
4 tablespoons TorchBearer Honey Garlic Wing Sauce
1/2 cup panko bread crumbs

Marinate the chicken with sauce for at least one hour, but around 3 or 4 would be best. 

Preheat the oven to 450.  Lay an oven-safe cooling rack on a baking sheet (this allows the air to circulate around the chicken).

Spread the panko on a plate.  Remove chicken from marinade, and coat each side lightly in panko, then lay out on the cooking rack.  Bake for 8-10 minutes, then flip and bake for 8-10 more (cooking time depends on thickness of your chicken.)

Serve with even more sauce to dip in!



p.s. In case anyone is wondering, I don't have enough people who read my blog for anyone to pay me to write about their products.  This is purely done because I enjoy the product.

No comments:

Post a Comment